Quick Tips: How to Save Money on Your Utilities
1) Reduce energy usage: switch to energy-efficient light bulbs, unplug electronics when not in use, and use a programmable thermostat to control heating and cooling.
2) Shop for better rates: compare utility rates and switch providers if a
better deal is available.
3) Seal air leaks: check for air leaks around doors and windows, and seal them to reduce energy loss.
4) Conserve water: install low-flow showerheads and fix leaks.
5) Take advantage of off-peak hours: shift energy-intensive activities, such as laundry and dishwashing, to off-peak hours when rates are lower.
6) Invest in energy-saving appliances:
upgrading to energy-efficient appliances can save money on utility bills in
the long run.